Wireless Internet is available throughout the IIT Downtown Campus and Main Campus. To use the secure wireless network users must authenticate with their IIT Chicago-Kent e-mail address and myIIT password. Wireless devices must be capable of connecting to WPA2 Enterprise.
- The SSID IIT-Secure supports 802.11a/g/n and is encrypted.
- Connecting to this network will allow you to connect to Chicago-Kent network resources such as student printers and shared drives.
- IIT-Secure is also the secure wireless network at the Main Campus. Once configured, connection at either campus will be seamless.
- Connecting to IIT-Secure can be accomplished by following either the Xpressconnect or manual instructions below.
- The SSID IIT-Connect provides no internet connectivity. This network is used as a way to access a wizard-based configuration tool called called Xpressconnect. Xpressconnect automates the process of configuring the IIT-Secure wireless network. Please see below for instructions on connecting to the IIT-Secure network with Xpressconnect.
- The SSID DTC-Event is for guests visiting Chicago-Kent. A usage-specific username and password are required for this SSID. Usernames and passwords for DTC-Event can be obtained from the Help Desk by authorized departments or requested as part of the room reservation process.
Xpressconnect Instructions for IIT-Secure
The Information Technology Services department provides a tool, Xpressconnect, for configuring IIT-Secure wireless on your computers and devices. Xpressconnect is accessed by first connecting to the IIT-Connect SSID. Once connected, please open a web browser and follow the instructions based on your device.
Manual Instructions for IIT-Secure
Verify IIT-Secure connectivity
- Click here to verify that your device is connected to IIT-Secure.