Extensive practical experience prior to graduation. A solid skills-based foundation. Strong connections to the Chicago market. At Chicago-Kent these priorities guide the way. Our forward-thinking approach to legal education combines academic rigor with practical training, readying graduates for a rapidly changing legal industry. Our students receive a comprehensive and practice-focused legal writing foundation that empowers them to be successful at every step of their careers. With faculty who are both scholars and practitioners, a dynamic legal externship program, pioneering legal clinics, and award-winning moot court and trial advocacy teams, Chicago-Kent provides students with skills-based learning opportunities that prepare them to practice law in one of the largest legal markets in the United States and beyond.
- You’ll gain practical experience through our innovative clinical model. At our in-house law firm, you’ll work on the same types of cases as you would in a thriving private practice, instructed and supervised by experienced practitioners who are leaders in their fields. Our connections allow for a variety of legal and judicial externships, and our award-winning trial and appellate advocacy programs will give you ample opportunity to test your courtroom and rhetorical skills against the best competitors in the country.
- Through our pioneering legal research and writing program, you will develop skills that allow you to hit the ground running. Chicago-Kent was the first law school in the nation to offer a three-year program in legal research, writing, and analysis.
- Located in the third-largest legal market in the country, Chicago-Kent has a local alumni network that is both extensive and heavily involved with student advancement and that offers exceptional opportunities upon graduation. Worldwide, Chicago-Kent has more than 15,000 alumni, with graduates in all 50 states and more than 60 countries.
- Our faculty, ranked 40th in the nation based on scholarly impact, excel in teaching and involve students extensively in their research. Chicago-Kent is one of only three law schools in Chicago to be recognized on the scholarly impact ranking.
- We offer specialized studies through 12 J.D. certificate programs, including our intellectual property and labor and employment law programs, both considered among the best in the nation.
- We’re the only law school in the country associated with a technology-focused university—one that embraces innovation and new possibilities.
- Our innovative 1L Your Way program allows full-time students the option to take a specialized elective course during their 1L spring semester or enroll in a unique first-year clinical course that provides exposure to legal practice in our in-house law firm.
Learn more about the law school through our viewbook. Fill out our information request form to receive a copy by mail. You can also access a digital copy online.