Student Legal Writing Competitions - August 2021
The following are writing competitions to which law students may be eligible to submit their writings. For future writing competition deadlines and competitions by subject, see the Library’s Student Legal Writing Competitions Guide.
Selma Moidel Smith Law Student Writing Contest
"to encourage and reward original law student writing on issues concerning women and the law."
Deadline: August 23, 2021. Annual.
National Law Review 2020-2021 Law Student Writing Competition
"straightforward and practical, containing useful information of interest to legal and business professionals" Suggested Topics:
- Election Law and Access to Voting
- President Trump and current administration
- Tax Issues
- Immigration enforcement and policy
- Federal Court issues: process of adding additional justices to the US Supreme Court/Federal Circuit
- Employment Issues - Ban the Box Laws, Minimum Wage, Transgender Accommodations, Age/Sex Discrimination
Deadline: 5:00 pm Central Standard Time by the last day of the month.