PLUS Program Application Process
You will provide all information and documents as part of the online application process. You can monitor your application status in the Application Portal. Follow the step-by-step instructions below to complete the application in the portal.
- Access the online application portal and click Sign Up to create an account.
- Follow the online instructions and sign in using your username and password.
- On the Applications screen, click Start a New Application.
- Under the heading Start a New Prelaw Undergraduate Scholars (PLUS) Application (far right of the screen), click Start Application.
- Under the New Application heading, select the following drop down menu items:
- Level: Prelaw Undergraduate
- Degree: Prelaw Undergraduate
- Academic Major: Prelaw Undergraduate
- Term: PLUS Summer 2021
- Click Start Application to complete the application form and upload the required documents.
Your application should include a two to three page personal statement discussing why you would like to participate in this program. You may also include a statement discussing other circumstances in your background that you would like the committee to consider in reviewing your application.
Your statement must be saved in PDF format.
We require two letters of recommendation. We strongly recommend that at least one letter come from a college dean or professor. Letters of recommendation should discuss your academic potential, writing ability, and professional promise. When filling out the application, please upload the letter(s) into your application. If your recommender prefers to send the letter directly, it should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are required to submit an official transcript from your current undergraduate institution verifying that you have at least a 2.5 (C+) grade point average and are currently in good standing. As part of the online application process, you will upload an electronic copy of your transcript.
All files must be in PDF format.