COVID-19 Faculty Resources
- Faculty and Staff
- COVID-19 Faculty Resources
Please first review the Chicago-Kent's current COVID-19 Policies and Procedures at the link below.
Please ensure that you have a working laptop/desktop computer with internet connectivity as well as a microphone and/or camera. Need help? Email us at email@example.com
Communicating with students
- Use your Chicago-Kent Gmail account to communicate with your students You may access your account through myIIT: my.iit.edu. In the top right corner by your name, click on the grid icon and select “Google Apps for Chicago-Kent” to open your email.
- Gmail Features for Faculty
Using the Hybrid classrooms
- Several classrooms at Chicago-Kent have been modified to accommodate COVID restrictions. For more information about the classrooms, please see our guide: guides.kentlaw.iit.edu/hybrid-classrooms
- You must wear masks in the classrooms at all times.
Posting materials for students
- Use Blackboard to post materials for your students. Every class automatically has a Blackboard site. Your students will be added and dropped to your site as they add and leave your classes. You may access Blackboard through myIIT or blackboard.iit.edu.
Recording classes and sharing
- When you meet online, use your recurring class Zoom meeting to connect with your students. We have provided detailed instructions. Faculty have been assigned a license to conduct classes. Students also have licensed accounts.
- If you require special recording accommodations, please contact Steve Sowle.
Need information on any teaching technologies?
- We have posted handouts, videos, and more on our Bootcamp Website in Blackboard. Faculty, use your myIIT login to access it. If you’d like access and can’t get in, please contact the Help Desk.
Available Video conference tools
- Zoom (Video conference for all classes)
- Chicago-Kent uses Zoom for all classes. Faculty have been assigned a license to conduct classes.
- Google Meet:
- Meet offers video conferencing/phone conferencing with the ability to record meetings.
- It is built into Google Apps for Chicago-Kent and works seamlessly with Google Calendar.
- Google Meet can be used audio-only (if your computer does not have a webcam but has a microphone). We are trying to obtain webcams for faculty who don’t have them.
- Currently, 250 users can participate in a meeting.
- You can host one-on-one meetings or meetings with your entire class.
Tools used for course material/Forums/discussions
- Blackboard - All course materials are posted on Blackboard
- Google Drive - Create, share, and collaborate on materials with your students
- Google Forms - part of Google Drive. You can use Forms to ask for feedback or to quiz your students
- Google Docs
- Google Chats: chat.google.com (You will need to login to your Chicago-Kent Google Apps account)
- There are many tools available for collaboration through the Google Suite apps to which all members of the Illinois Tech community have access.
- Check out Google Apps for Education
Using Mobile Tech(Ipad):
Remote access to your office computer and H drive (for full-time faculty):
- A VPN client is needed to access your H drive content as well as any items on your office computer
- Chicago-Kent has its own VPN client separate from Main campus
- Note: You do not need to use a VPN client to access Gmail, Google Meet, Google Drive or third party applications.
- For library resources please click here
- Your Blackboard class site also includes a link to library resources created especially for your class.
- The help desk is always here to assist contact us during our business hours.
- Support hours