Many law schools make their career development offices and services available to students and alumni of other law schools on a limited reciprocal basis. Practice and available services vary from school to school. Please see the National Association for Law Placement's website for details on individual law schools' reciprocity policies. Please note: Most schools do not offer reciprocity services during the fall.
Chicago-Kent students requesting reciprocity from a law school outside of Chicago may complete a reciprocity request form, below:
Students and alumni from other law schools may request reciprocity with Chicago-Kent according to the following policy:
Career Development & Professionalism Reciprocity Policy
The office of Career Development and Professionalism of Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, provides reasonable access to its resources for a limited number of students and graduates of law schools outside the Chicago area under the conditions set forth below:
- Services are available only to those ABA-accredited law schools that allow Chicago-Kent students and/or alumni use of their facilities.
- All requests for reciprocity must be made via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the student's/graduate's career services office and confirmed by the Chicago-Kent office of Career Development and Professionalism.
- Requests for reciprocity can only be made to one Chicago-area school per student/graduate. Reciprocity is not available among Chicago area schools (DePaul University, University of Illinois Chicago School of Law, Loyola University Chicago, Northwestern University, and University of Chicago).
- Reciprocity is valid for three months starting from the date of the letter granting reciprocal services. Reciprocity will not be granted between August 1 and October 15 of each year.
- Without exception, reciprocity recipients will not be permitted to schedule on-campus interviews.
- The following services are available:
- Online job posting access for up to 90 days
- Access to our online document library with job search resources
- Chicago-Kent reserves the right to terminate reciprocity for any individual who misuses the facilities or services.
- Requests for reciprocity should be directed to the office of Career Development and Professionalism, email@example.com, or Chicago-Kent College of Law, 565 West Adams, Suite 360, Chicago, IL, 60661.
Updated November 1, 2023