The Audiovisual department is dedicated to enhancing the educational experience with the implementation of classroom technology and distance learning tools. Our office is located on the first floor in Room 160 across the hall from the west entrance to the Kohen Courtroom. We maintain the following equipment for use in the building:
- Conference phone
- Digital voice recorder
- Document camera
- DVD player
- Laptop (with or without speakers)
- LCD projector for PowerPoint (with or without laptop)
- Microphone (handheld or clip-on)
- Podcast station
- TV VCR/DVD
- USB Mic (for Panopto lecture capture)
- Videoconferencing Unit
- Webcam (for Panopto lecture capture, Skype, etc.)
For those wishing to utilize the above equipment at the Conviser Law Center, the audiovisual department provides the following services:
- Advanced Classroom Support: (C20, C25, C40, C50, 165, 170, 210, 270, 305, 345, 355, 510, 520, and 590) Our classrooms and courtrooms are outfitted with advanced systems that allow users to enhance their learning environment with the seamless incorporation of computer applications, streaming media, document cameras, and more. All A/V devices in these rooms can be controlled by the user with an intuitive touch panel. If you have any question regarding how to utilize this equipment to its fullest potential, or if you are having issues, please do not hesitate to call our technical support line at 312.906.6599. Telephones are located in every classroom.
- Panopto Support: Panopto is Chicago-Kent's online platform for lecture capture. This incredibly versatile resource allows students to access audio, presentation slides, video, and documents from previous classes and events. The user can organize and manage this content in a way that makes reviewing multimedia course material more efficient than ever before. If you have any questions regarding how to use this extremely valuable tool, please email email@example.com or call 312.906.6599.
- Event Support: We understand that in order for an event to be truly successful, the speakers and presenters must be comfortable with the multimedia technology. Whether you need a simple PowerPoint setup with sound reinforcement or a high-definition video recording with live media streaming, our staff is here to provide you with the support necessary to ensure that all of your technological needs are met with the highest level of precision.
- Equipment Requests and SetUp (48 hours advance notice) An audiovisual equipment request can be made by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receiving a confirmation email, you are assured that the reserved equipment will be available for authorized use at the designated time and location. Please note, we do not lend our equipment for needs outside the building.