Chicago-Kent College of Law is committed to helping students face the challenges of law school and beyond by providing programming and services focused upon wellness. In conjunction with the American Bar Association (ABA), we encourage students to understand their overall wellness in terms of six particular dimensions: occupational, emotional, physical, intellectual, spiritual, and social.
Throughout the year we will offer a variety of programming and resources to help students find direction in each of these areas. We are focused upon connecting students to services, resources, and activities available through our community that address issues of wellness.
The ABA defines lawyer well-being as a “continuous process in which lawyers strive for thriving in each dimension of their lives,” and Chicago-Kent strives to support the “Dimensions of Lawyer Well-Being:”
- Occupational: Cultivating personal satisfaction and enrichment
- Emotional: Recognizing the importance of emotions and seeking help when needed
- Physical: Striving for regular physical activity, proper diet, sleep, and recovery
- Intellectual: Engaging in continuous learning and the pursuit of challenging activities
- Spiritual: Developing a sense of meaningfulness and purpose
- Social: Developing a sense of connection and belonging
Illinois Tech Counseling Services will have a staff psychologist at the Conviser Law Center on Thursdays throughout the semester. To schedule an appointment, please call 312.567.7550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no charge for these counseling services.
The Student Health and Wellness Center also provides weekly drop-in hours as part of its Let's Talk program on Thursdays from 4–5 p.m. in Room 290 at the law school. Students can speak with a counselor for shorter appointments to address stress, anxiety, relationship problems, or any other concerns. You don’t have to make an appointment—just walk in. Counselors can help students identify resources on and off campus, develop new ways to approach a problem, or simply offer a different perspective.