Student COVID-19 Resources
- Current Students
- Student COVID-19 Resources
Please first review the Chicago-Kent's current COVID-19 Policies and Procedures at the link below.
COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
Please ensure that you have a working laptop with internet connectivity as well as a microphone and/or camera. If you need help with these resources: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Everything you need to know for the semester
Tech handout for everything you need in order to access class this semester
Communicating with you
All official and class emails will be sent to your Chicago-Kent Gmail account You may access your account through myIIT: my.iit.edu.
We will be using Blackboard to post materials for your classes. Every class automatically has a Blackboard site. You will be added and dropped from Blackboard sites as you add and leave your classes. You may access Blackboard through myIIT or blackboard.iit.edu
- Add a profile photo to Blackboard
- Uploading your assignments to Blackboard (not all assignments will use this- your professor will instruct you)
Class Meetings & Recordings
We will be using Zoom for your online class meetings All students now have full Zoom licenses. You will find your Zoom link in your class Blackboard site. While your class will be recorded, note that not all faculty will automatically share class videos with students.
- Zoom Login Quick Start Guide (Activate and access your Zoom account here)
- Add a profile photo to Zoom
- Participating in Breakout Rooms (note you will need to have the latest version of Zoom to use all of the features here)
Several classrooms at Chicago-Kent have been modified to accommodate COVID restrictions. You will be able to connect with your classmates who are in the classroom or using Zoom to attend class. If you’d like to attend all of your classes remotely, please contact Steve Sowle at email@example.com.
- Your professor will take attendance
- Masks must be worn on campus at all times
- For library resources please click here
- Your Blackboard class site also includes a link to library resources created especially for your class
We have put together some useful resources for adapting to online learning, dealing with anxiety and stress, and other concerns. Click here to learn more.
Available video conference tools
- Zoom (Video conference for all classes)
- You have been assigned a full Zoom pro license. Use this to meet up with classmates, join classes, and collaborate
- Zoom can be downloaded from the Google Play or Apple App Store
- Google Meet:
- Meet offers video conferencing/phone conferencing with the ability to record meetings.
- It is built into Google Apps for Chicago-Kent and works seamlessly with Google Calendar.
- Google Meet can be used audio-only (if your computer does not have a webcam but has a microphone).
- Currently, 250 users can participate in a meeting.
- Google Meet can be downloaded to your smartphone or tablet via Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- You can use Google Meet for one-on-one meetings or meetings with your classmates.
- Getting started with Meet: Basic overview
- Google Meet: Broadcast and record live classes and meetings
- Access Google Meet
- Note: This does not work in the Microsoft Edge browser
To access class videos posted by your professor, go to Blackboard and sign in with your portal credentials.
Tools used for Course materials/Forums/discussions
- Google Drive
- Google Docs
- Google Chats (You will need to sign into your Chicago-Kent Google apps account)
Tools for Team Projects/Collaboration/Communication
- There are many tools available for collaboration through the Google Suite apps to which all members of the Illinois Tech community have access.
Internet and Cell data Information from external vendors
- Many vendors have been generous and raised limits on data plans and internet connectivity. Click here for more information
- If you experience connectivity issues, this blog post may help
The help desk is always here to assist contact us during our business hours.