Resources & Links
Applying for Financial Aid Resources
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available starting January 1.
- The PIN serves as your identifier to let you access your personal information in various U.S. Department of Education systems. You may use this web site as your central online resource for making use of the PIN.
- Need help completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid? The Department of Education provides this helpful pdf document with complete instructions, and phone numbers if you need more help.
- The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the U.S. Department of Education's central database for student aid. NSLDS provides a centralized, integrated view of Title IV loans and Pell grants that are tracked through their entire cycle. All federal loans are submitted to NSLDS by the loan servicer.
- The Federal Student Loans website is the place to complete your loan requirements and manage your student loans.
The Record Page is a Chicago-Kent bulletin updated weekly. This page lists all scholarship opportunities that are presented to our students.
CLEO (Council on Legal Education Opportunity) is a non-profit project of the ABA Fund for Justice and Education to expand opportunities for minority and low-income students to attend law school
Please be mindful that you should never pay for scholarship or financial aid search results.
Federal Student Aid (an Office of the U.S. Department of Education) is your source for all Direct Loan repayment information, including information on all repayment plans, calculators, deferment, forbearance, consolidation, and loan forgiveness.
- Pay as you Earn
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Public Service Job Directory online database developed by NALP providing a comprehensive clearinghouse of public interest organizations and opportunities for lawyers and law students.
- Income Based Repayment
- IBR INFO.ORG is a nonprofit non-partisan source of information created to help student loan borrowers learn about two new loan repayment programs: Income Based Repayment Plan and Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
- Federal Loan Consolidation
- Loan Repayment Assistance Program (Chicago-Kent LRAP)
- Project on Student Debt is an independent, nonprofit organization works to increase public understanding of the loan borrowing trend and the implications for our families, economy, and society. Recognizing that loans play a critical role in making college possible, the Project's goal is to identify cost-effective solutions that expand educational opportunity, protect family financial security, and advance economic competitiveness.
- Equal Justice Works is a nonprofit organization founded by law students to mobilize the next generation of lawyers committed to equal justice. Their Educational Debt Relief program is devoted to advocating for educational debt relief and spreading the word to make sure those who need relief are taking the right steps to qualify.
- Student Loan Borrowers Assistance Project is a resource for borrowers, their families, and advocates representing student loan borrowers provided by the National Consumer Law Center. This site is for students who already have student loans and want to know more about their options and rights.
- Personal Budget Calculator: Expenses & Income
- Standard, Extended, and Graduated Plan Calculator
- Income Contingent Payment Calculator
- Income Based Payment Calculator—U.S. Department of Education
- Income Based Payment Calculator—IBR INFO.ORG
- Loan Consolidation Payment Calculator
IRS Tax Infomation
- Education Tax Benefit Information: Publication 970
- Visit a qualified tax advisor for information
Financial Literacy Resources
- Adventures In Education: Sponsored website by the Texas Guarantee Agency. Has many useful resources such as:
- Repayment and Loan Debt
- Managing Your Money
- Income Based Repayment
- Daily Interest Calculator
- Compare Work More vs. Borrowing
- Credit Cards
- Spending Plans
- Annualcreditreport.com: Get a free copy of your credit report annually
Contact information for all current federal loan servicers